Robotics Careers: Innovate With Us
If you always find yourself seeking the thrill of solving unsolvable problems and exploring new paths, this is your kind of team. At inVia Robotics, we believe that technology can make a significant and positive impact on people’s lives. We’re doing our part by making it our mission to automate repetitive tasks so people can focus on doing more meaningful work.
Open Robotics Positions
If you have strengths in the following areas and are passionate about industrial robotics, we would like to hear from you. If you’re interested in joining our team and you don’t see a role here that fits with your skillset, please contact us.
DIRECTOR/ VICE PRESIDENT, SALES WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CA
The Director/ VP of Sales will serve as the head of sales for an industrial robotics company that is changing warehouse logistics through advanced technology that optimizes eCommerce order fulfillment. This is an exciting role for someone who is motivated by effectively positioning a new product in the marketplace and quickly establishing a dominant market position. This role will be responsible for leading inVia Robotic’s entry and expansion into key accounts in the retail and eCommerce space. This will include evangelizing a complicated technology to multiple stakeholders, demonstrating the value of the system, and cultivating a long-term account relationship through retention and upselling.
We are looking for a strategic seller who develops strong relationships internally with Marketing, Product, and Operations to refine the value proposition and product delivery, as well as partner relationships with all influencers within accounts. You will work with customers to measure value delivered through our platform and professional services, and you will identify opportunities for deeper penetration of inVia’s technology into customer operations. This is a new technology with the ability to transform a customer’s business and requires skills to successfully demonstrate and educate on the benefits of automation.
Identify and qualify opportunities that are a strong match for inVia’s technology; quickly delineate between customers who are in learning mode vs willingness to buy.
Aggressively prospect and close opportunities.
Work to achieve/ exceed set monthly and quarterly targets, and regularly report on progress against goals.
Lead the proposal process, including gathering customer requirements, building presentations and proposals, and helping to define statements of work and terms.
Travel frequently to customer locations both pre-sales and as part of account management; travel 50-60%.
Participate in all facets of the customer lifecycle - qualification, sales, solution deployment, professional services, upselling, ongoing support, and account management.
Inform and execute an agreed upon pricing strategy.
Conduct needs analyses and business justifications, and effectively position solutions and employ closing techniques.
Make data-driven decisions and help build accurate, reliable revenue forecasts.
Recent and significant experience closing traditional SaaS and/or “X as a Service” deals between $250K - $2MM involving hardware, software, and professional services to C-level and senior leadership level executives at Retail, eCommerce, and Logistics companies. Industry contacts are important; the right attitude and sales experience are most important.
This will be an individual contributor position and will be someone who is ambitious, curious, hands-on, and excited to do whatever it takes to build revenues and market share.
Must be very self-motivated, mature, and humble; someone who can effectively communicate and connect with C-level leaders, as well as warehouse operators.
Must be able to design, meet/ exceed, and manage a plan; someone very strong on strategy and execution.
Must have at least 5 years’ experience selling enterprise software solutions into large, complex accounts; prefer experience selling Warehouse Management Software (WMS), 3PL Software, ERP software, or EDI Software
This person must be very good at penetrating and growing accounts and is an expert at facilitating the sales process. Must have strong SFDC and significant sales process experience.
Must be someone who enjoys the entrepreneurial atmosphere of a small and dynamic company, but has been through the experience of scaling up an enterprise to significant organization size and revenues. Experience working in a dynamic environment is mandatory as well as experience growing a company or territory from nominal revenues to phenomenal revenues at least once in your career.
Ability to quickly develop a deep understanding of our product, customer base, and pricing; can deliver a compelling presentation of ROI.
Has the highest level of integrity and ethics, and works well in a team environment.
Experience selling into one or more of the following market segments: eCommerce, Retail, Logistics & Distribution.
Must possess strong and persuasive verbal and written communication skills.
The position includes a very competitive base salary, equity, plus bonuses for signing key accounts.
MANUFACTURING ENGINEER WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CALIFORNIA
inVia Robotics is searching for an experienced manufacturing engineer responsible for designing physical robot mechanisms, producing manufacturing drawings and interfacing with manufacturers to ensure parts are produced to specification.
- Required Skills: Autodesk Inventor, Mechanical Design, FEA, Accelerated Lifecycle Testing
- Bonus Skills: CNC Machining / Prototyping
DEVELOPMENT/SUPPORT ENGINEER WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CALIFORNIA
Applicants should be passionate about using the latest technology to solve interesting problems in creative ways. Fast learners who are comfortable in a range of software/customer environments (both known and unknown) are ideal candidates for this position. The applicant must have experience with Linux (Bash, SSH, basic networking, systemd), Python, and databases (PostgreSQL preferred), as well as experience or an interest in learning about deployment technologies such as Ansible, virtualization and containerization (LXC).
- Providing support to live robotic deployments to debug issues and maintain uptime
- Writing and maintaining software (primarily in Python) for a variety of tasks, both planned and unplanned
- Interfacing with client developers to build robust interfaces with their networks and management software
- 2+ years Python experience
- Database experience (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Linux administration/troubleshooting expertise
- A desire and willingness to learn and apply new skills/technologies
ASSEMBLY TECHNICIAN WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CA
As an Assembler, you will perform a wide variety of complex electronic and mechanical assembly tasks in support of production projects by using electro-mechanical tools and devices. Working from rough schematics and oral instructions you will construct developmental assemblies, subassemblies, and components. You will be connecting and assembling cables, tubes, and wiring according to specifications. You will also be inspecting, testing, and calibrating completed units to ensure that units meet specifications, tolerances, and customer order requirements.
- Solder PCB components
- Connect cables, tubes, and wiring, according to specifications
- Inspect, test, and adjust completed units to ensure that units meet specifications, tolerances, and customer order requirements
- Measure parts to determine tolerances, using precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, and verniers
- Position, align, and adjust parts for proper fit and assembly
- Read blueprints and specifications to determine component parts and assembly sequences of electromechanical units
- Calibrate cameras and robots
- Disassemble units to replace parts or to crate them for shipping
- Operate or tend automated assembling equipment, such as robotics and fixed automation equipment
- Assemble parts or units; position, align, and fasten units to assemblies, sub-assemblies, or frames, using hand tools and power tools
- Manual dexterity and arm/hand steadiness
- Mechanical visualization and working mechanical/electrical knowledge
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of proper usage of the required hand and power tools
- Ability to measure parts and determine tolerances
- Ability and knowledge to disassemble faulty units and replace parts
ROBOT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN PEDRICKTOWN, NJ
The Robot Support Technician will be working in our customers' fulfillment distribution centers nationwide. This field technician position is a first layer of support to the customers' requirements and will be dedicated to supporting and maintaining robot velocity and health during all hours of fulfillment operation.
- Document and maintain processes, as well as perform operational troubleshooting for electrical and mechanical issues
- Complete preventive maintenance routines, documentation, and procedures
- Perform changes and preventive maintenance for batteries
- Communicate via email and chat with centralized Robotics Operations Center (ROC)
- Document robot health and issue resolution data in daily log
- Identify and troubleshoot problems, working diligently to find root causes
- Potentially bend, crouch, kneel, reach, twist, sit, stand, and walk
- Lift tools and totes weighing on average 20-40 lbs.
- Promote and conduct good housekeeping practices
- Some mechanical aptitude - will consider past work, hobbies, and training to assess aptitude for basic troubleshooting and repairs
- Ability to prioritize, schedule, and logistically support multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Skilled trade training or equivalent technical expertise in Industrial Maintenance or Robotics
- Ambitious and eager to learn - a desire to learn robotics and order fulfillment
- Warehouse picking, packing, or inventory experience a plus
- Familiarity with basic electrical concepts such as voltage and current
- PC competency and familiarity with Linux Operating Systems preferred
- Expert knowledge of Wifi networking a plus
- Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric; proven ability to work successfully with little supervision
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally) with peers, management, contractors, and vendors
- Familiarity with basic mechanical tools
- Dexterity with eye/hand coordination, feet (walking for hours at a time), and manual tasks (picking, pinching, holding, grasping)
- Flexibility with work hours and days; some travel may be required
- Dedicated to supporting production by working in a safe, customer-centric manner